Sunday, July 10, 2016

Parkview Family

I feel very grateful to be working at Ensign now. It's a great school and I genuinely like the teachers and principal.  I had a great, challenging year there and I'm really looking forward to next year.  But after working at Parkview for 11 years, the people from Parkview hold a special place in my heart.  We had a wonderful staff and developed close relationships.  Not all faculties get along so well or genuinely like to be around each other, especially outside of work.  But we do.  But now most of us are no longer at Parkview.  Only a couple of "us" are left.  Brenda has spent the last 8 months in Japan but is here visiting for a few days.  So we planned a Parkview Get Together at my house.  Lots of people were out of town or had other plans, but we had a good turn out and had a great time visiting.  It was heartwarming to look around at these amazing people that I count among my friends.  A couple of years ago, during a student of the month assembly, we did a flash mob to "We are Family."  And that feels true.  They do feel like family. 

We talked, laughed, ate and enjoyed one another's company.  It was a great night.  I'm so fortunate to have so many great people in my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment