Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas parties

December is a month of parties.  I love that the holidays give us a chance to gather together and spend time with friends, family, and neighbors!  I didn't do a very good job of taking photos...and due to a busy month, I wasn't able to attend all of the gatherings that I love to attend.

Here are the parties that we often attend:

*Each December my book club has a nice dinner and book exchange.  I had to miss it this year due to Gabby's dance concert...sure love my book club friends!

*Ward party.   I didn't take any photos, but I love gathering with my ward and visiting, eating good food and remembering the Savior's birth.

*Ward Relief Society Party...I missed this one as well this year, because Gabby had her dress rehearsal for her dance performance. 

*Alfredo's work party:  I also missed this one this year due to Gabby's dance concert.  But Michelle and Alfredo went and had a wonderful dinner and got to enjoy the new Star Wars movie.

*For the past two years (2016 & 2017), Michelle has had a Christmas party with her friends.  They designed individualized mugs.  They donated hats, scarfs and gloves for the less fortunate.  (I love that Michelle decided on her own this year that rather than have her friends do a gift exchange, she wanted them to bring an item to donate as a service project!  And I love that her friends were enthusiastic about the idea and donated several each.)  She has great friends.





*Our neighborhood street party.  It started back in 1979 and has happened every year or very nearly every year since then.  Alfredo and I have gone almost every year for about 13 years now...we missed the first couple and have had to miss one or two since then.  I've helped plan them for the past 4 or 5 years, which I am happy to do if it means this awesome tradition continues.  I love my neighbors so much, and we have such a good time at the street party.  These men and women are hysterical!  And what's more, they are kind and helpful and such great examples and so talented and simply wonderful!!   I took no photos, so picture credit goes to Sara. 

*Then, of course, there is the family party we have on Christmas Eve with Alfredo's family and the get together on Christmas Day with the Lazartes and the family New Year's Eve party with Alfredo's family...but those will get their own post. 

What a fun month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment