Friday, March 23, 2018

Jordan River Temple Open House/JRT Ready

I am so grateful to be serving in Young Women's.  I love the young women!  So much.  We have such great girls.   And right now, they get to be involved in wonderful activities and events in preparation for the rededication of the Jordan River Temple. 

Last Saturday, my girls and I went to the Jordan River Temple open house.  The temple is so beautiful and there is such a feeling of peace.  I loved being there.


 Then on Sunday there was a wonderful fireside to begin the cultural celebration. The theme for the temple cultural celebration is Ready.  They are encouraging the youth to prepare themselves, to strengthen their testimonies and faith.  I'm so excited for these wonderful young men and young women to have this opportunity to learn and grow, to strengthen their faith and commitment to the gospel.  And I am so thankful that I get to be a part of all these events as I serve and teach them!

At the JRT Ready kickoff fireside!

Updated, 4/27/18:

We attended the Jordan River Temple Open House with the YM and YW of the ward.   We've had some wonderful activities in preparation for the temple dedication...building lego temples and learning about how the temple can bring us peace (a great activity I found on  cranial hiccups.)

Last Sunday we had a panel discussion about the temple where Bishop Carlson, Bishop and Sister Carpenter, Kylee Gustafson, and Jake and Brooke Simper answered questions from the youth about the temple.  

We did a service project at the Wibergs where the youth tore down their old chicken coop and did a lot of yard work.




And there was a concert for the youth of the temple district.  Our youth really spent pretty much the whole concert in line for food at the food trucks.  But they are such good youth and even though we couldn't hear the music super well, I was so impressed and touched by seeing the large crowd of youth who attended and knowing that our youth want to be disciples of Christ, want to serve, want to be worthy.  They aren't perfect, but the young women I serve are responsible and kind and capable and talented.  I love them so much!  And I love the other leaders I serve with as well.  It's truly such a privilege and a blessing that I am able to serve the YW in my ward.






No comments:

Post a Comment