Sunday, March 7, 2010

Found!

Today has been a fun, busy day for us. Except for one very traumatic few minutes at the mall. We'd eaten lunch in the food court and were walking down the mall. Ella was full of energy and so I was letting her dart ahead a few feet and then dash back. She did this over and over, only going a few feet in front of us. Then she was walking beside me. Alfredo wanted to show me something and I turned my back on her for a minute and she literally vanished. I guess she somehow went around one of the little carts in the middle and then couldn't see us. She panicked and started running back the way we had walked...which meant she was running away from us. The man at one of the carts said she was running and pointed which way. I started walking quickly that way but couldn't see her. Several people asked if I was looking for the girl with pigtails and said she was crying and running and pointed me in the right direction... but I couldn't see her and was feeling quite panicked. Thank goodness, someone finally grabbed ahold of her and had found a security guard. She was sobbing. I was so relieved and at the same time, felt absolutely terrible that this happened.

**This post was never published somehow. This was actually written on 3/7/09...but I've already printed my blog for 2009 so I figured I would include this in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment