Saturday, August 4, 2018

17 Years!

Yesterday, Alfredo and I celebrated our 17th Anniversary.  17 years of laughter, hard work, parenting, home repairs/renovations, travel, some arguing, lots of learning...and I love him more now than I did then.  Marriage hasn't always been easy, but most of my greatest blessings are a result of marriage...my children, my home, wonderful experiences traveling and trying new things.  I'm a better person because of the lessons I have learned through marriage and parenthood.  And Alfredo has always been so good to support me in my callings and other things I have attempted. 

For our anniversary, we got reservations for a night away at the Alaskan Inn in Ogden Canyon.  We went there back in December and had a nice time, so we returned.  Last night we went to dinner at Bambara which is in downtown Salt Lake in the Hotel Monaco.  The food was delicious.  I'd had my friend Heidi highlight and cut and style my hair earlier that day, and I'm in love with how it looked.  This photo of me at dinner is one of my favorite photos taken of me in years. 


Alfredo got scallops with this delicious curry sauce.  I got halibut with potatoes and corn and truffles.  Both were very good.  Afterward, we stopped by Gourmandise and got two desserts to go which we enjoyed later that evening.  Then we headed to Anniversary Inn.  We were in the Northern Lights room which was really so pretty.




Alfredo gave me these gorgeous roses and a card that says "You're Still the One..." and lists several things...this was special because at our wedding luncheon, our good friend Annalisa sang Shania Twain's song "You're Still the One".  

They bring breakfast to your room, and it is delicious.  We enjoyed spending this time together.  The view out the hotel window is really pretty as well.

After we checked out of the hotel, we went to lunch and then to a movie.  It was so nice to have some time to spend just the two of us, reminiscing on the past, dreaming about the future, talking and demonstrating our love for one another.
There's a pretty waterfall in Ogden Canyon...the canyon really is quite pretty.

Just outside the hotel.

In the hotel...in a dining room just outside the room we stayed in.


I'm grateful for the past 17 years and look forward to the next 17 years.  Lots of changes will happen in the next few years as the girls grow up and go to college, possibly serve missions and (hopefully) eventually marry.  This past year has been a really good year for us, we've worked hard to strengthen our marriage and I hope that our marriage will just grow better and better.  I love this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment