Wednesday, November 11, 2015

New chili recipe

I made the yummiest chili ever last night.  It really was just an experiment where I dumped in things I had on hand, but it turned out so, so good.


Yummiest chili

1 can diced tomatoes (your choice of flavor…I like the chili ones, but I only had regular diced tomatoes this time)

1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed

1 can Nalley mild chili (or whatever brand you prefer)

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

½-1 small bag frozen corn

½ small yellow onion, diced

½-1 red or yellow pepper, diced

½ cup shredded zucchini

½ baked sweet potato, cut into small chunks

1 cup mild Salsa (whatever brand you prefer…I used Old El Paso)

1 cup cooked, drained ground beef or ground turkey (I buy big packages of ground beef, cook it all and store it in the freezer in small packages so all I have to do is pull it out of the freezer and defrost it and use it.)

When serving, you can add whatever toppings you enjoy:  cheese, sour cream, avocados, etc.  I added guacamole.  So yummy!

Saute the diced onion, peppers, and zucchini until tender.  Then add all of the ingredients in a pot and simmer for about 15-25 minutes so the flavors can meld together.  Serve with desired toppings and corn bread.  My mouth is watering just thinking about this chili. 

No comments:

Post a Comment