Saturday, December 28, 2019

Meditate

When something seems to keep coming up around me, I think that means it is something I need to pay attention to.  And the idea of meditation and mindfulness seems to be around me lately...so I decided it was worth studying and pondering...

Meditating on the scriptures/word of God

Joshua 1:8  "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

Psalm 1:2   But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

D&C 43: 34 Hearken ye to these words. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the aSavior of the world. bTreasure these things up in your hearts, and let the csolemnities of deternity erest upon your fminds.
35 Be asober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen.




Psalm 19:14  14 Let the words of my mouth, and the ameditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my bstrength, and my redeemer.

President McKay said, “Meditation is the language of the soul. . . . [It] is one of the most secret, most sacred doors through which we pass into the presence of the Lord.”


I began this post back in September...did a bit of studying about it...but not as much as I wanted and so I saved the post and planned to come back to it.  My class has been challenging this school year...and in November, through a few different things that happened, I decided to have my students practice mindfulness each day.  Twice a day, we do 3-5 minutes of breathing and mindfulness exercises.  It hasn't solved all of our problems, but I do think it is helping some of my students.  And it gives me 6-10 minutes of quiet and calm time each day which I think is helping me to be a better, calmer, more patient teacher most days.  By no means would I consider myself an expert but I do think it is something to continue to learn more about and practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment