Saturday, September 18, 2021

Favorite Foods

 Questions 24 and 25:  What foods do you like? What foods do you dislike? Did you have any food or medical allergies?   Were there two or three dishes your mother or father made that were especially memorable?


Foods my mom made:  My mom didn't cook a whole lot, and we didn't have a lot of money.  But she did make kielbasa sausages with vegetables and sauce which I loved.  And she made shepherd's pie which I loved.  My grandma Marj made skousen enchiladas (a casserole with tortilla chips layered with chicken and green chiles and a cheesy green enchilada sauce. I don't have the recipe and I've made my own version but it isn't as good as hers was.  My grandma also made the BEST potato salad.  As an adult, I rarely eat potato salad because it's just never very good compared to hers.  I know she made many other good dishes, but those are the ones I remember the best.


I don't have any food allergies or medical allergies.

Foods I like:  As an adult, I like MOST foods.  I love sweets, especially cookies, hot chocolate, brownies, and ice cream.  I love almost all fruits and most vegetables.  I love ribs and pulled pork sandwiches and chicken salad sandwiches.  I love Alfredo's empanadas and Alfredo's sopa de res and Alfredo's tacos.  Or really any tacos.  I like chicken fried steak (though I rarely have it) and I love chicken pot pie (though I rarely have it).  One of my specialties is a rice dish with sausage.  I also make a wonderful pesto ravioli.

Foods I dislike:  I hate refried beans.  I despise fried plantains.  I like most cheese, but I don't like really salty or smelly cheeses.  I don't like papaya.  Fish isn't my favorite though I have gotten much better about eating it.  I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I think that is about it...though I don't want to ever eat caviar or crickets or ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment