Saturday, July 31, 2010

Too cute!

Two cute stories about my darling daughter, Gabrielle. First, lately if I say "I love you" to her, she responds, "Noooo, I looove yooou." We go back and forth saying this several times. The funniest part about this is I don't know where she picked it up, because she is the one who started it. :)

A couple of nights ago, Gabrielle woke up about 10:30 at night. She almost always sleeps through the night and 10:30 seemed a very odd time to wake up. I went in and said, "It's time to go night-night." She said, "No, water in ear. Water in ear." (She had a sippy cup of water to help her fall asleep and apparently some had spilled in her ear.) Then she continued, "Get towel." I wiped her ear with a blanket. Then she moved down to a dry spot in her bed, and said, "Thank you, mama. Night-night." She curled up, ready for sleep. It really impressed me. I'm sure we've held many other conversations before, but for her to be able to communicate so clearly what was bothering her, especially so late at night, really seemed impressive. And oh, so cute! I just love that sweet baby girl! (Who I guess really isn't a baby anymore!! Where have the past two years gone.... Time really needs to slow down.)

2 comments:

  1. That is TOO cute! It is crazy how fast the time goes. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just so cute and so sweet. I am so blessed to get to know her sweet little personality each day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete