Saturday, June 12, 2021

Forgiveness Ice Cream

 I wrote a week ago about how upset I was about Michelle's treatment by some others in student government, especially the class president.  I am still disappointed that it happened and disappointed that no one ever apologized to her and that I got no response from the student government advisor.  But I don't feel the anger that I felt just a few days ago.  Some of that, I am sure, is a response to prayer.


But I also found a trip for ice cream really healing.  I had invited all 3 seniors who just graduated to go out for ice cream with me.  Kate has been hard to contact for the past year, so I wasn't sure she would respond or go.  But she did!  It ended up that Michelle couldn't go on the day and time that we went, so I went with Liv and Kate.  We met at Leatherby's and enjoyed ice cream and a visit.  It only lasted a short time, but it felt very healing for me.  First, to see Kate and hear how she is doing and what her plans are was healing.  And while Liv had only limited involvement in what happened to Michelle, still I found it very healing to spend a bit of time with her and feel love for her fill my heart again and replace the hurt and anger I'd been feeling.  I'm not sure exactly how or why eating ice cream with two young women was able to heal the anger and hurt I'd been feeling, but it did.  I'm so grateful.

LESSONS LEARNED:

Ministering to others can help heal so many of our own struggles.

The Lord can help us forgive and forgiveness is REQUIRED of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment