Saturday, July 31, 2021

Faith

 One thing that stood out to me as I reread 2 Nephi 31 was verse 10: "can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?" (vs. 12 also talks about being willing.) In the sacrament prayer on the bread, we say that we are willing to take upon us the name of Christ and always remember Him and keep His commandments. None of us do these things perfectly. None of us actually keep His commandments perfectly...so it is so beautiful that the Lord accepts not just our actual performance but also our willingness to try. He is good to me, so much beyond what I deserve or "earn" or "qualify for"... I also want to think more about the phrase in verse 19 "unshaken faith"...because I definitely have faith, but I think that sometimes my faith does get a little bit shaken so I want to ponder how to reach that point of having unshaken faith...what exactly that would look like for me and what I would need to do to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment