Friday, July 30, 2021

Simple Sources of Happiness

 My friend Veronica posted a list of things that make her happy on Facebook.  It was so fun reading her list.  So I decided to create my own!



Things that bring me joy or happiness:


Feeling the spirit 

Fresh pine/mountain air

Time spent on water in boats (any kind)

Waterfalls 

Helping others

Talking with friends 

Reaching a goal

Watching the sunset 

Fresh baked bread 

Holding babies 

Reading a good book while drinking hot chocolate and snuggled under a blanket

Reflecting on happy memories

Attending the temple 

Learning new things

Snuggling with Alfredo 

Kayaking 

Seeing a student make progress 

Connecting with someone new

Recognizing an answer to prayer

Singing a song that brings me peace

Writing in my journal 

Sunrises and sunsets

Making a child smile or laugh

Playing games if we don’t get too competitive 

Discussing the scriptures or gospel 

Looking through photos of past happy moments 

Having people over for dinner 

Traveling somewhere new

Girls camp

Flowers 

Being at church 

Partaking of the sacrament 

Bearing testimony of truth 

Being forgiven 

Getting my hair cut and styled

seeing my children succeed at something 

Spending time with family 

Watching plays and musicals

Hiking by rivers

Delicious food 

Smelling fragrant roses

Seeing tulips

Rainbows

The smell after a rain storm

Looking at the stars when camping

Sitting around a campfire

Fresh fruit

Dessert

Taking a long bubble bath

Seeing animals in nature 

Seeing a variety of plants and animals 

Walking

Watching snow fall from inside the house

Being reminded of who I am as a precious daughter of God

Teaching, especially teaching the gospel

Listening to the All In podcast or podcasts about Come Follow Me

Having summers off with my children

Seeing that I'm improving at something...right now that's playing the piano.  (I started taking lessons in January.  I'm not very good, but I'm slowly making progress.)

Trying a new recipe and having others love it.

Knowing that something I did genuinely helped someone else.

Looking at art that speaks to me.

Hearing others' gospel related experiences

Sending and receiving hand written notes 


No comments:

Post a Comment