Friday, July 16, 2021

Surf City: Day 2

 I know I grouped Days 1-4 together but on the second day we went to Surf City and the girls all took surfing lessons.  I feel like that deserves it’s own post.  It ended up being one of their favorite parts of the trip.  The waves seem to be quite large in El Salvador which made the girls nervous.  So the instructors took us to an area where the waves weren’t quite as enormous.  Ella was really nervous before starting and wanted to back out.  But they all decided to try and they all loved it and did pretty well.  Ella was actually the first one to get up successfully.  Michelle and Gabby seemed to always end up riding waves in side by side or even bumping into each other.  It was so fun to watch and the hour lesson seemed to only last about 20 minutes.  (It really was an hour—I checked my watch...the hour just flew by.). We also enjoyed local “snow cones” (my word, clearly not their name...they call it minutas) on the way to Surf City and had a delicious lunch beach side.  I loved that the water is so warm there!
































































No comments:

Post a Comment