Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Worth Week 2021

 From August 22 to August 29, we held worth week.  It's always one of my favorite weeks of the year.  Even though I usually know most or all of the items that will be in the worth week envelopes, I am still amazed at how the spirit can touch my heart and remind me that I am known and loved and special.  This year was no different, and boy was it during a week that I needed that reminder.  I hope that it was a beautiful experience for the young women, but I know it was for me.


On Sunday, August 22 we had our worth week lesson and each girl was given a 12 x 12 page with a few quotes about their worth on one side. On the other side, there was the song Walk Tall, You're a Daughter of God and words written by the other YW and leaders about their gifts and divine attributes.




On Monday, there was a letter from Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother.  There was also a 4 x 6 copy of a painting by The Color Amber.  And a note from us as YW leaders.  They were also asked to every day write down 5 positive qualities they see in themselves.






On Tuesday, they received a photo of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple taken by Natalie Grange.  It had a quote to "see yourself in the temple" attached to it.



On Wednesday, they received a bag of Werther's candies with a note:  "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."  They also received a copy of this beautiful quote on cardstock:




On Thursday, they received Dots with a note to Depend On The Savior.



On Friday, they received a baggie of chocolate chips with a note reminding them to be like a chocolate chip.




On Saturday, they received lotion.



And finally, on Sunday, they received a tiny basketball with this note attached.



Each day I also sent a short quote about their worth and a song about their divine nature or worth that I encouraged them to listen to.

The songs included Glorious by David Archuleta, Something Divine by Brooke White, I Will by Isabella Hixson, I am His Daughter by Nicole Sheahan, A Mother There by Shane Mickelsen & Angie Killian, and I Am A Woman by Jennifer Manges.  (I also love Walk Tall, You're a Daughter of God; I am Enough by Nicole Sheahan; You Say by Lauren Daigle; Daughter of a King by Jenny Phillips; Happily Ever After by Jenny Phillips; Child of Light by Mindy Gledhill; and  Beautiful for Me by Mercy River)



No comments:

Post a Comment