Thursday, June 30, 2016

Girls Camp 2016: Go For the Gold

I had the opportunity to go to Girls Camp the week after school got out.  Our theme this year was an Olympics theme:  Go for the Gold:  Swifter, Higher, Stronger.  Our ward was given the value of Good Works and the color yellow.  Each ward chose a country to represent them in the Olympics and we chose Tahiti and a ward theme of "Scatter Sunshine."  It was neat to watch the girls reach out to each other and to others in the stake and really try to do just that:  scatter sunshine, bring joy and comfort to others.

 Like last year, my very favorite part of camp was the very last night when they did the Remembrance Walk.  That experience and the experience last year rank in probably my top 5 or at least top 10 most spiritual experiences ever. 

Here are just a few photos of the cute girls at Girls Camp, including a couple of Michelle and me.  I'm so glad I was able to go to camp this year and last with her.  I hope I am able to go next year when it is Ella's first year!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment