Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Garden: Date Night

Last weekend, Alfredo and I had dinner at the Garden restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  It is such a beautiful setting.  Alfredo had gotten off work late that night and so we were running late for our reservation.  The light to cross the street was almost ready to turn green again, but I said we should hurry across.  We began to jog across the street.  I was wearing shoes that have an open back and really aren't good for running and Alfredo started to tell me to be careful...when I tripped, fell, and my purse went flying one direction and my shoes the other.  The light turned green as I quickly grabbed my shoes and Alfredo grabbed my purse and we hurried the rest of the way across the intersection (only a few more steps).  I ripped my newest/favorite pair of jeans which was disappointing.  But mostly it was pretty funny.  We will be laughing about it for awhile.  We enjoyed the opportunity to eat dinner and talk and laugh together.  He told me that earlier that day a client had said to another employee, "I like that Alfredo but he's too serious."  The employee turned and looked at Alfredo with shock on her face.  He's definitely not very serious...or at least very rarely so.

After dinner, we walked around Temple Square for just a little bit.  It's so beautiful and it's been a long time since we walked around the grounds, just the two of us.  I sure love him and appreciate all he does for our family and for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment