Sunday, August 12, 2018

Washington D.C.:Paddle Boats, Memorials

On our last day, we headed back to D.C. We arrived around lunch time.   After grabbing something to eat, we spent an hour paddle boating around the Potomac, near the Jefferson Memorial.  It was fun, but very hot and hard work.  My pictures are in a jumble because I'm using some of mine, some of Alfredo's and a few of Annette's. 











After we finished paddle boating, we visited the Memorials.  I really loved seeing all the memorials.  Most of them I had seen when Alfredo and I went to DC on our honeymoon.  But I didn't see the Roosevelt Memorial or the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial or the World War 2 Memorial.  World War 2 and MLK weren't completed until after our visit back in 2001.  I'm not sure why I didn't see the Roosevelt Memorial...but I'm sure I didn't. 



































Alfredo and Leo saw the President in a procession as they were doing a bit of souvenir shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment