Sunday, September 23, 2018

St. George/Cedar City Temples

On Saturday morning, after breakfast at the hotel, we headed to the St. George Temple.  It's beautiful.  So very white.  It was really sunny outside.  After the teens went inside with Aly, Sofie, Gabby and I enjoyed the grounds for a little while. 









The girls had fun jumping and doing dance moves in unison.  Some of the photos really turned out cute.


Then we headed to a nearby park.  What a fun park!  There were some unusual, fun swings and 2 small ziplines and some other fun features.








After playing for awhile, the girls were hot and tired.  We went to get ice cream and we sat in the shade eating our ice cream right next to Alfredo's restaurant.  😄

Then we returned to the temple, figuring they were probably about done.  Sure enough about 10 minutes later, they came out.  I had an interesting experience.  As we were about to leave, two women approached me.  One was in a wheelchair.  Someone had parked right next to her wheelchair accessible van in a place that was not a parking spot, making it impossible for her to use her wheelchair lift.  They asked if I could help them back her car out so she could use the lift.  The other woman couldn't because she can't see well.  So I said sure...then they explained that there was no front seat (the driver's wheelchair goes there) and the car has hand brakes/pedals.  It was a bit tricky to figure out how to stand up and slowly put the car in reverse and back up while using hand brakes...but I did it and they were able to use the wheelchair lift and go on their way.  Cool experience!

Then we went for lunch.  We got pizza at Pizza Limone.  Delicious!

After lunch, we headed to the Cedar City Temple.  While we were inside, I talked to a very nice lady who asked if we'd been in St. George Temple that morning.  She said they had been also and recognized the teenagers.  I felt the spirit so strong in the Cedar City Temple.  It's really beautiful inside and somehow sitting in this area settled by early Saints and thinking of the sacrifices they made so that I could have the gospel and all of these temple blessings today really touched my heart and made me feel a great deal of gratitude.  I love being in the temple and I love spending this time with the Smiths and my girls.





Aly took the girls to the park while we were in the Cedar Temple.

What a great day to be in 2 temples in one day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment