Sunday, October 28, 2007

more fall fun





So, my sister, Suzy has been here visiting this weekend. Hurray! The girls have been vying for her attention and so happy to have her here. Me too! It's been fun to talk and play our favorite card game, Split, and visit with each other. Sadly, she leaves to return to Phoenix tomorrow afternoon. We'll miss her.





Saturday morning, I took Michelle, Ella and our neighbor Kodi to the zoo for "Boo at the Zoo". Every year, they have a Saturday where kids get to dress up and trick or treat at the zoo. (Businesses from Salt Lake hand out candy at tables set up around the zoo, and get free publicity for doing so). My girls woke up way too early, and there were so many people there this year. It was crowded last year, but I think it was worse this year. But I noticed that it got a little better at the end, just before we went home. Note to self: If we are crazy enough to go again next year, go in the early afternoon instead of the morning. Ella was tired and a little cranky for about half of the time. Michelle and Kodi liked it though.





Friday night, Michelle and Ella and I went to the Red Butte Garden for their Halloween lights and activities. This, I thought, was well worth it. The gardens are beautiful and have been decorated with lights. They had a magic show that had Michelle in stitches. She thought the magician was so funny (and he was... I was laughing too.) They had a station where you colored elf masks, another area to paint pumpkins, another to make glow in the dark wands, and another to make music with gourds, drums, etc. They had storytelling and a haunted forest. Then if you stop at all the booths along the way you get a prize (a pretty decent one too.) I will definitely do this again. Michelle, especially, enjoyed the activities. It seemed to be fun for the whole family. I didn't dress my kids up (didn't know to) but most people did. Yet another chance for the kids to wear their costumes! Seriously, my kids are getting some wear out of their costumes this year.

(FYI: Top 2 pictures are at Red Butte; the third picture is a slightly unhappy Ella as a giraffe and Kodi dressed as Violet from the Incredibles at Boo at the Zoo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment