Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday Bash



Michelle and Ella's birthdays are 15 days apart, so we do a combined party for them. And it always turns into a huge party. Alfredo has aunts, uncles and cousins nearby and they all come. My dad, and my aunt and uncle come. Add some great neighbors, a few other close friends, and we have a crowd. We have a barbecue and a pinata and the kids run and play. This year was no exception. In fact, it just may have been their best birthday yet. My kids were spoiled royally by all of our kind friends and family. And I think everyone had a great time. Michelle was thrilled that two of her good friends from school, Riley and Liliana, were able to come.

This year Alfredo put up a zipline at the end of the party and that was a huge hit. There was a constant line waiting for turns to ride the zipline. And my kids have had the time of their lives today playing with their new toys. (And unbeknownst to them, I hid a few in a closet to take out over the summer as a new surprise, to add novelty to our time at home....) We are so thankful to have been blessed with so many people that we love and that love our girls!





3 comments:

  1. So fun! I wish we could have been there!
    Recently, Sarah has asked over and over if Michelle and Ella could come for a sleepover.
    I try to explain how far apart a 16 hour drive is, but it doesn't really sink in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love Costco cakes! That chocolate one looks delicious. :) That zipline looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete