Monday, May 3, 2010

Testimonies

Michelle and Ella both bore their testimonies for the first time on Sunday. I was so pleased that they wanted to, and happy that they were both brave enough. I was quite shy as a little girl and remember that my first time bearing my testimony was when I was about nine. I know I had a testimony before then, but I was too scared to stand up and say it. And my girls are both a little shy in front of people. In fact, last September, even though Ella knew her primary program part by heart, she was too scared to say it with or without help. But about a month ago, Ella began asking if she could "say her testimony" in church. She bears her testimony all the time at home, especially when she is praying. So last month, she decided she was too nervous. This month, as soon as the meeting started, Michelle asked if they could bear their testimonies, and of course I said yes. Michelle went up after just a couple of people and Ella and I walked up with her. Michelle bore a short, simple but heartfelt testimony by herself and sat down. Ella was too scared, so I bore my testimony (feeling distracted by my squirmy little Gabrielle trying to free herself from my arms) and we returned to our seats. But later, toward the end of the meeting, Ella asked if she could please go up. So she did. She needed me to help her because she was so scared but she spoke clearly and loudly, and she was so happy that she did it. I'm grateful that my girls' testimonies are growing and that they want to share what they know and believe with others. I'm grateful for a church that has the children attend the worship meeting along with the adults and even allows them to participate in bearing their testimonies. It is so wonderful to see them learning to love the gospel.

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! What fantastic girls you have! (and what great parents they have!)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so cute. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all as brave as some of these little kids?

    ReplyDelete