Sunday, January 10, 2010

Slumber Party




It was just us, but we pulled the girls' mattresses out of their bedroom and onto the family room floor on Friday night. We watched a movie and had rootbeer floats. Then we slept on the living room floor. I don't know if it was because I was next to them or what, but I had one of the best nights of sleep I've had...no one woke me up, no one crawled into my bed, no one had a bad dream, I slept like a rock.

And more importantly, the girls had a great time. They had been excited about it all week, and they were so happy that we had our own slumber party. We'll have to repeat this again soon. Next time with popcorn....I didn't plan ahead and was all out. :)

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea Jenny! I think, once Lucca has recovered from his surgery and all that drama is over, I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my favorite things to do with the kids... we generally do it at least once a month! only... we just use the air mattress! :) Glad you had such a good night's rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun night!! My kids never fall asleep when we try this. Maybe it was the rootbeer floats. We didn't try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should try that. I need a good night's rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! Until 2 monts ago, Evan and Sarah shared a room, so it seemed like every night was a party!

    Sounds like you had a great time- I'm so glad that you got good sleep too-Bonus!

    ReplyDelete