Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Sweet, the Funny, the Innocent

Things Kids Say...

10/31: Church is way better than candy! --Michelle

11/5: One of my students (about a story he read with a set of twins, one boy and one girl): "They were identical twins, except they looked nothing alike."

11/6: One of my students during the spelling test: "Will you spell that for me?"

12/4: Ella: "I want to hear Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". Me: Sorry, it's not on the radio right now. (We were in the car...no way to put it on.) Thirty seconds later, Michelle: "Hey, isn't this Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?" And it was! It was like the radio read Ella's mind. They put it on right after she asked me for it.

12/4: Ella: "How can Santa be magic? He doesn't have a wand!"

12/6: Ella: "Mommy, when you were little was Jesus still alive?" (She said this AFTER asking me how long ago Jesus lived!)

1/6: Me to Michelle: "You are getting to be a good little reader." Michelle, indignantly: "No I'm not. I'm NOT little. I'm big. I'm six. I'm almost seven!"

1/10: Michelle put a card that says, "Thanks for the great gift!" into the cover of a photo album with photos of the girls, especially Gabrielle. She said to me, "Do you know why I did that? Because it says Thanks for the great gift, and Gabrielle is a gift to our family."

No comments:

Post a Comment