Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a love hate relationship

My dishwasher and I apparently have a love-hate relationship. It loves to not work for me...and I hate it when it stops working. Seriously, it's as temperamental as a donkey. It will work for several weeks, making me so happy, and saving me so much time. Then I guess it gets tired. So it stops cleaning my dishes. I mean it still runs, but the dishes all come out dirty and with both food and soap all over them. I get frustrated and don't use it for about a month. Then I have a day when I'm really in a hurry and decide to use it... and it works! Right now we are in a phase where it is working (cross my fingers!!! knock on wood!!) and I can't believe how much time it saves me. My kitchen gets cleaner so much faster if I don't have to wash every dish by hand. It's amazing! I figure I should have another 2 or 3 weeks before it gets tired again, and boy am I going to enjoy them!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Jenny,
    Here's a couple links about changes in dishwasher detergent that you might find helpful... they changed the ingredients without telling anyone, and there's LOTS of frustrated dishwasher users out there.

    http://melissaesplin.com/home/?s=phosphates&x=0&y=0

    http://www.home-ec101.com/lets-talk-about-the-voluntary-phosphorus-ban-in-household-detergent/?s=dishwasher+detergent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Thanks for that information. It was interesting and informative. Unfortuntately, in my case, I don't think that's the problem...but maybe? I basically always use a rinse aid recommended by the Sears technician that repaired our dishwasher about 2 years ago.... and what is weird is that it will work great for awhile, and then, even if I clean it...it doesn't work at all for a bit. Then if I leave it alone for weeks or a month, it seems to magically work again. Weird, because the repair guy actually warned that if you leave your dishwasher dormant for awhile that can actually cause problems. But whatever. I think my dishwasher just has a multiple personality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, our dishwashers must be related.

    ReplyDelete