Monday, January 17, 2011

Super easy recipes

These are my two go-to recipes when I haven't planned ahead or I get home late and need something fast and easy.

Stir-fry

1 pkg. kielbasa or turkey sausage (the kind that is kind of horseshoe shaped)
2 pkg. frozen stir fry vegetables (Whatever kind your family likes best)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
cooked rice

Serves 5 or 6
First, cut the kielbasa into thin slices and cook in a frying pan on med-high heat until browned on both sides (flip after a few minutes to brown each side. Then add the frozen stir fry vegetables and soy sauce. Turn down the heat to medium and cover. Let cook until vegetables are cooked crisp-tender. Serve on top of rice. This takes about 15-20 minutes total...unless I use the rice cooker not minute rice and then it is 35 minutes for the rice to cook and I wait until the rice has been cooking 10 minutes to start everything else.
This is something my mom cooked for us growing up.


Easy but good chili

1 can Nally (or your favorite brand) chili
1 can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained... these are optional...but they add more fiber and we like them)
1 clove garlic
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 pound cooked ground beef (optional)
1-2 tsp. taco seasoning

Pour everything into a pot and let it simmer for 20 or more minutes. Stir ocassionally. Add cheese on top and serve. Great with fritos sprinkled on top or served with cornbread.

Don't know exactly where I got this recipe...it's slightly possible that I kind of created it myself... but it's good and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment