Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bittersweet

Today was the last day of school. It is truly bittersweet. I had one of the best classes I have ever taught and found myself getting emotional and teary eyed throughout the day. I will miss them. But I absolutely love summer time and the chance I have to spend more time with my own children.

Aren't my students cute?


Before school this morning, I took my girls inside to get pictures of them with their teachers. Ella, especially, has had an incredible year with two amazing teachers! She has really learned to read, write, speak and do math in both English and Spanish as well as learning a lot of science and some social studies. She loves school and was very sad to be leaving her teachers, Miss Finerfrock and Miss Mary Lou.

Ella with Miss Finerfrock

Ella and Miss Mary Lou

Michelle's favorite part of school has been social studies with Mrs. Randall. Mrs. Rudolph, her main teacher, really helped her to become a better writer. Michelle is very excited to have the summer off and to go to Mrs. Darden's fourth grade class next year.


Mrs. Rudolph

Mrs. Randall

The principal, Mrs. Buendia, will be at East High next year and Jackson will have a new principal. My girls have loved her and wanted a photo with her.



We also took a photo with Miss Piper, one of the other first grade teachers. The third graders made beautiful murals this year that will remain for as long as the building stands. Michelle's class completed a mural of the Jackson Cougar neighborhood. One of the other classes made a mural of letters they wrote. Such a neat project!








I am truly thankful for the wonderful education my children are receiving. They go to a wonderful school with a great music program, an amazing partnership with the University of Utah, the dual immersion program, dedicated and talented teachers, the ballet folklorico, a great after school program and so many other wonderful programs. I know, firsthand, how hard those teachers work and what a blessing it is to have such great teachers and a great school.

No comments:

Post a Comment