Friday, June 22, 2012

Why I Didn't Get Very Sore After My Half...


I was tired and a bit sore, but not nearly as sore as I expected after jogging/walking over 13 miles. I attribute that to the fact that I hardly sat down the rest of the day. After our half marathon, Alfredo and I drove back to Salt Lake and picked up our kids from my friend Brenda's house where they had a sleepover. I got out of the car and after just a few seconds, I felt nauseated and thought I might throw up. Then suddenly, I felt the blood drain out of my face and Brenda grabbed me and helped me to sit down in my car. I nearly passed out. But after eating a banana and drinking some water, I felt better. Then we headed home, showered and got ready for a fun day at Lagoon with Alfredo's company.

We got there just in time for lunch. The food was good and the prizes were better. The kids got to choose prizes and Gabby had a great time playing with her chalk and other toys with Oaklie.
Alfredo got a gift certificate to Red Lobster, a lantern and a t-shirt.




I told him we should start heading to rides when there were just a few prizes left. He said no way. He wanted to win the grill. (Each year the grand prize at the Lagoon Day is a huge propane grill.) He was going to win the grill. So we sat and waited for the last few prizes to be awarded. Seconds before they announced the winner, Alfredo rubbed Liz's pregnant belly and said the baby would help him win. He announced, "I am going to win the grill." And then they announced, "The winner of the grill is ... Alfredo." I was shocked. Alfredo was thrilled and the girls were elated. (They don't buy the actual grill...just give you a gift card to go buy it... so he bought it a couple of days later.)





Then we headed to the rides at Lagoon. Michelle decided to spend time riding rides with Stacie, Jeremy, Eli and Avy. So I didn't really get pictures of her, because she spent virtually the whole day with them. Ella, Gabby and I headed to the kiddie area and rode rides with Heather and Oaklie and then by ourselves when Heather, Justin, Asher and Oaklie left. Alfredo mostly set off on his own to ride a few rides he enjoys. It was a fun day, but a tiring day. But I credit my minimal soreness to the fact that I hardly sat down... I walked around Lagoon, rode a few rides, pushed Gabby in a stroller and stayed moving until about 6 PM.













No comments:

Post a Comment