Monday, June 4, 2012

Mommy Drives a Yoda

On Thursday evening, Alfredo took the girls to McDonalds after Michelle's violin concert, and I headed to book club. While there, Gabby told them, "Mommy drives a Yoda. Daddy drives a Christlike." (I'm not sure what prompted this discussion.)

The next morning, Alfredo asked Gabby at breakfast, "Gabby, what does Mommy drive?" She replied, "A Yoda." For a second I was stumped...a yoda? Like the Star Wars character?
Then she said, "Daddy drives a Christlike." Suddenly, it clicked! I drive a Toyota and Alfredo drives a Chrysler! :) (I'm obviously a little slow on the uptake.)

Gabby speaks quite clearly, so there aren't too many of these pronunciation errors left, so I find this one especially endearing. I've been asking her a couple of times a day since what we drive, just to hear her say it. But I can tell it won't last long...already she is pronouncing it correctly some of the time. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment