Sunday, September 13, 2015

Decorating my classroom

This year, I felt more enthusiastic about returning to school than I have in the past few years.  I was excited for a fresh start.  One evidence of my enthusiasm was that I spent a lot more time (and money) decorating my classroom this year than I have in the past several years.  This year I decided to do an Owl Theme and to add some embellishments that would make my classroom feel more cozy.  It was fun to decorate and to prepare myself for this upcoming school year at a new (to me) school.

Here's a few photos of my classroom:
I love the way my door turned out.  Each owl has a student name on it.

This picture turned out so blurry...not sure why...but I found these darling owl bowls that I have displayed on the counter.

Notice I hung curtains (that took some ingenuity to hang them on a brick wall with just a little hanging strip).  And also notice the darling owls on the tree vinyl in the front of my classroom above my focus wall.)

My OWL (Organized Workers and Leaders) Chart  (Jobs), My Character Trait/behavior wall...you probably can't see the darling borders but they are cute owls.


I still plan to buy a few cushions to put near the window to make that ledge a more comfy place to read.  I also want to eventually buy a few more owl decorations and hang more lanterns around the room.  But I am pleased with how it turned out and it feels peaceful and happy in my classroom.   I found out after school stared that our school counselor has an OWL theme she uses to teach all of the classes as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment