Saturday, June 16, 2018

Joyous Day...Summer Plan

Some days are just good days...peaceful, joyous days. Yesterday was one of those days. Time spent with dear friends that we absolutely love...in two different temples, Brigham City and Logan. This summer is off to the best possible start and I can tell that we will experience great joy, come what may. As President Nelson said in one of my favorite talks (Joy and Spiritual Survival), "... the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives... Joy is powerful, and focusing on joy brings God's power into our lives."

Aly was one of the first friends I made when Alfredo and I bought our home nearly 16 years ago. Our children have grown up together. It's no exaggeration to say that she has been like a second mom to my children...even caring for them when they were younger while I was at work. Aly is kind, funny and is always looking out for others. I'm so grateful that she...and her family...are such an important part of our lives. And today, I've just been marveling at how good Heavenly Father has been to me. I have such incredible people in my life...I read a couple of months ago that a seminary teacher asked his class to begin writing a list of all the people that they owed a debt of gratitude to...at first, they began a bit slowly, but soon every person was scribbling names as fast as they could and they weren't finished when the hour was over...I started, at that moment, to begin to create such a mental list...and it's impossible. My list would contain thousands of names. But even though it is impossible for me to create such a list or to personally thank each of those people, my heart is full and I am grateful.

Anyway, I really wanted to take my girls to as many temples in Utah this summer as possible.  But I know that is the type of goal that if I don't create a plan is unlikely to happen.  So I invited Aly and her family to come with us.  We are going to go as many Fridays as we can and attend 1-2 temples each time and we'll see how many we are able to visit.  Yesterday we kicked off our temple trips, and it was a glorious day.  I did baptisms with the teenagers at the Brigham City Temple while Aly stayed outside with the younger girls.  Then we all went for ice cream at Aggies Ice Cream.  Then Aly did baptisms with the teens at the Logan Temple while I took the younger two to a nearby park.  















No comments:

Post a Comment