Saturday, June 30, 2018

Parkview Panthers

In my 20 year career as a teacher, I have worked at 3 schools. I've always liked my colleagues and I love my job (although some parts are challenging and I've had a couple of really bad years.)  But there was something special about working at Parkview.  Our faculty, especially in the early years that I was there, was so cohesive and genuinely liked one another and got along with one another.  It was a hard job, but we were allies.  Friends.  Colleagues.  Others have said the same thing...there was something special and magical about the Parkview staff...we became forever friends.  I haven't worked at Parkview for the past 3 years now...and some of our friends have been gone longer than that.  (For example, Stephanie moved to Mexico about 10 years ago...but when she would come back to town, we would get together...and now that she is back in Utah, she's a regular at our get togethers.)   We still genuinely enjoy seeing one another.   Starting probably about 6 or 7 years ago, I started hosting get togethers at my house.  A couple of times we had official  Parkview end of the year staff parties at my house, but also each summer I have a barbecue and invite everyone to come.  The last 3 years we have done it while Brenda has been in town.  I love this get together!   I love these remarkable people who dedicated countless hours to educating children and who are each talented, dedicated, thoughtful, reflective teachers.  It was a pleasure to work with each of them and it is a great blessing that we still get together...not often enough, but I love that we do get together.  Of course, not everyone can make it each time...but those who can are happy to reconnect.

Last night was our annual barbecue at my house.  We had tons of food (way more than we needed!) and we talked, laughed, reminisced and caught up.  The kids jumped on the trampoline, played on the zipline and enjoyed being together.  Such a great night!

Back row:  Mary, Stephanie, Britt, Brenda, Carolyn, Adrienne, Anne, Polly
Front Row:  Michelle, me, Scoshi, Alicia, Carolyn, Shauntelle

Picture credit:  Brenda
Top left:  Stephanie, Britt, Brenda, Top 2nd:  Scoshi, Brenda, Top 3rd:  Kaylee, Top right:  Polly, Shauntelle, Adrienne
Bottom left:  George, Brenda, Bottom 2nd:  Brenda, Mary, Bottom 3rd:  Alicia, Brenda, Bottom Right:  Brenda, Shirley 




No comments:

Post a Comment