Friday, February 8, 2019

It's a Beautiful Day...at the temple

A few months ago, I told Sara that I'd never gone to the temple and done all the ordinances in one day.  She hadn't either so we decided to go together over Winter Break to do that.  It worked out that January 3 was a day that worked for both of us to go spend the day in the temple.  That morning when I woke up, I saw a First Presidency statement that changes have been made in the temple in the past and a reminder that sacred ordinances shouldn't be discussed outside of the temple.  So it seemed some changes had been made, which made our timing feel even more wonderful.  When we got to Jordan River, the parking lot was packed.  We did find a spot, but we were lucky...lots of people parked in places that weren't spots.

We went to the baptistry first.  Our stake member/friend Kaye was working in the baptistry.  She asked if we had done an endowment session yet, and we said no and explained what we were doing.  She told us that four apostles were in the temple at that time.  The baptistry was busy, but not too busy as were the initiatories.  We saw Sister Joy D. Jones in the dressing rooms.  After completing initiatories, we had a delicious lunch in the temple.  Then we did an endowment session and sealings.  It was such a wonderful day.  The spirit was so strong and I found myself weeping with joy over and over.  I loved seeing the connections between each ordinance and knowing that we had helped women receive these ordinances that they couldn't do for themselves.  I loved spending that time with Sara and feel so grateful for her friendship and example.  And I loved being in the temple.  It's my favorite place on Earth!  I love that there are so many temples in such proximity to us and I love that I can go so regularly and feel that peace and find guidance and direction.  We are so blessed.  It was truly a glorious day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment