Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Latin Cooking Night

Our dear friends, Jeremy and Stacie, bought us tickets to a Latin Cooking night at Park City Culinary Institute as our Christmas gift this year.  The cooking class was on January 26 and it was SO fun!   We went with Jeremy and Stacie and one other couple was at our table, also.  We learned how to make tostones (twice fried plantains), mango salsa, chicken empanadas, and pasteles (a guava pastry).   Everything was delicious and it was a lot of fun doing the cooking and visiting and enjoying time with our friends and each other.

















I was surprised because I've had fried plantains before and I don't like them at all.  At all!  But when they are smashed and then fried twice, they are thin and crispy and taste more like a chip. With mango salsa on top, they are quite delicious!

Alfredo's empanadas are even better than the ones we made there, but they were good.  And the pastelitos are delicious.  I made them again for dessert this past Saturday, though I couldn't find guava paste so I made half with lemon curd and half with raspberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment