Friday, June 7, 2019

Summer is...

Summer means... sleeping in (at least a little bit).
lots of watermelon.
hiking.
piles of books to devour (ok...who am I kidding, that's an everyday, all year thing).
barbecues.
youth conference and girls camp.
trips.
walking more often.
board games.
more time in the temple.
less structure.

...and finally making time for a much needed haircut! 
The last day of school for me was June 5.  I was anxious for school to end...until the end came.  There is a flood of emotion at the end of a school year. It is with a happy heart that I head home to spend more time with my family, reading, relaxing, playing board games, attending the temple and doing other things I love! But it is always bittersweet to send students on to a new grade as they take a piece of my heart with them. Hearts are pretty amazing things because you might begin to think that after 21 years in the classroom and countless students, that at some point I would run out of the ability to love the next group. But I know come August about 25 new 8 year olds will capture my heart again.

In celebration I treated myself to Thirst.






No comments:

Post a Comment