Monday, September 2, 2019

Catherine's Pass to Sunset Peak

Today is Labor Day.   Even Alfredo had the day off which was really nice.   So our family went with Annette, Dante and Daphne to hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon.  We started at Catherine's Pass and then hiked up to Sunset Peak.  About 5 miles of hiking.  It was strenuous at some parts...but so beautiful!  Alfredo never comes hiking with us (he's usually at work when we go, but he also usually doesn't want to go if he is off.) so that made today even better.   He and Gabby were way ahead of us for most of the hike.   On Instagram/Facebook I wrote:  "The honest truth is that when my legs are burning and my heart is pounding, I am not always loving every second. But here's what I do love...the time with family and friends. Knowing that my body is healthy and strong enough to hike (I am grateful for this gift.) The clean, fresh air. The breathtaking views. The flowers, trees and animals. The opportunity to ponder and reflect and pray. The knowledge that a loving God created such beauty for His beloved children. The sense of accomplishment when it's complete. September is off to a beautiful start."













No comments:

Post a Comment