Saturday, July 31, 2021

Language Minister Temple

 I was able to attend the temple this morning.  I've been a couple of times in July but this was my first time doing an endowment session since the beginning of March 2020.  One of the men at the recommend desk thanked me for coming to the temple and "bringing your 1,000 watt smile".  I couldn't help smiling...I was so happy to be there!  I ran into Olevia Tafiti, a teacher I worked with at Mountain View about 15 years ago.  She is an ordinance worker so I see her from time to time at the Jordan River Temple.  I gave her a big hug; it was so good to see her.  

I was near tears through much of the endowment.  I have been reading The Temple Experience by Wendy Ulrich so I was eager to think about some of the things I've read as I was in the temple.  I didn't have any huge epiphanies, but several small ones.

Before the endowment session began, there were four individuals who needed headsets to translate.  The temple workers made sure they had what they needed.  One of their headsets wasn't functioning so they got a new one and then stood by to make sure it was going to work.  It was a small and simple thing, but I watched as they cared for this individual, one by one, making sure that he could understand the endowment in his own language.  It reminded me that God cares for each one of us, individually.  We should also care for one another.  

It also made me think of D&C 1:24:  "24 Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these acommandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their blanguage, that they might come to cunderstanding."


And 2 Nephi 31:3   "For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding.


Lessons Learned:  God speaks to us so we can understand.

Each person is precious in the sight of God.

We should patiently and lovingly care for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment