Saturday, November 17, 2007

argh! our burgeoning artist

So I think we have a little Picasso on our hands. Ella loves to color, paint, or play with Playdough. (So does Michelle.) The problem is that Ella's masterpieces are not limited to paper or coloring books. Last night, as I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner, she went into my office/computer room. She somehow found a maker (I've really tried to hide all markers other than the COlor Wonder ones.) and colored with black permanent marker all over the computer screen (and on several photographs). I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it. We've only had this computer for about four months. I first tried wiping it off with a damp cloth. No luck. Somehow I got the idea to try using a cloth with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on it and fortunately, that took the marker right off.

Then today, Ella found a different red permanent marker and colored all over the wall. Both markers have been disposed of and I've done another trip through my house trying to hide all markers, highlighters and such. Aargh! Most of the marker came off the wall, but we'll have to repaint because despite trying several things, nothing removed it all. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures of either event until after the mess was cleaned up so I don't have photographic evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment