Sunday, November 18, 2007

Faith of children

I love this quote (I don't know who said it): Children are God's way of telling us that tomorrow is beautiful.

Sometimes I am so amazed and impressed by my children. Last night as Michelle said her prayers, she began to tell her Heavenly Father about her birds and how she first named them Shadow and Abby but then she decided to rename them because she didn't like their names. So she named them Annie and Max (after two of her friends.) She proceeded to talk to her Father in Heaven about her day. She sometimes says rote prayers, but she so often talks to Him as if He is her friend (which He is, but I'm impressed she realizes that at just 4 years of age). I'm impressed by how much she loves to pray, by her faith that her prayers will be answered and often by the things she says in her prayers.

Ella has a cold. She's not terribly sick but she has a yucky cough so I thought it would not be wise to take her to church, especially nursery, and get all of the other kids sick. Sweet Ella cried and said she wanted to go to church. She didn't want to stay home but wanted to be at church and go to sacrament meeting. Michelle cried too, and said couldn't her sister please come to church with us. I realize that a big part of this was that Ella didn't want to be left home. But my girls also really love church. That makes me feel like I'm doing something right and reminds me of what sweet spirits they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment