Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend





On Wednesday, we put up (most of) our Christmas decorations. Bryce and Sylas were over and helped us. It was funny to see the tree when Michelle, Ella, Bryce and Sylas were done. All of the decorations were in a circle around the middle third of the tree... right at their arm/eye level. No decorations were on the top third of the tree and only a few were on the bottom third.


We had a nice Thanksgiving Day. We went to Phil and Elaine's (my aunt and uncle.) Elaine made a delicious dinner. We played cards for awhile and the girls played happily with their dolls and toys. Then Alfredo joined us after work. That evening we went to Alfredo's aunt and uncle's Ana and Oswaldo and had another dinner. THe girls played happily with their cousins, Dayanara and Nayeli.


On Friday, I left to go shopping at 5 AM and returned home a little after 7. I am basically done with my Christmas shopping, except for Alfredo. He's always the hardest to buy for.


Yesterday, Alfredo watched the girls all day while I went to an all day scrap at Heartland Paper. It was from 10 AM to 10 PM. They serve lunch and dinner and have lots of prize drawings (I won twice... but sadly, I didn't get either of the two grand prizes... two different totes. One had $50 worth of products and the other had $100 worth of products.) I enjoyed talking to 3 women sitting next to me that came together. (I was alone, but that was okay.) The meals were yummy, the prizes were good, and I got a lot done. I am almost finished with my "Year in review album" which I have not kept up on this year. I also did a mini album with most of the wallet sized professional portraits we've had done of the girls. And I did 4 additional 12 x 12 pages as well. It was a lot of fun and I hope to do it again next time they have the all day crop (once every three months.)

No comments:

Post a Comment