Thursday, November 1, 2007

odds and ends

I get to join a book club. I'm excited. I'm in one in my ward that is really informal. It is an enrichment activity and usually there are only four of us there. We have a great time though. But this book club is a little more formal (meets monthly and rotates from house to house.) I'm excited because as everyone knows I love to read and I love to talk about what I'm reading and I read 1-3 books each week. So this should be fun.

I've already vented my frustrations to most of you about the voucher issue. I am so frustrated by the whole thing. My friend just heard yesterday that about $7 million has been spent (combined between the two sides-pro and con) advertising and sending out propaganda. I can't wait until the election. After talking to my dad this weekend about it, he said he wished I was speaking against vouchers and that he'd been planning to vote for them and I pretty much had convinced him to vote against them. I sat down to write out my thoughts because they keep circling in my head and I wrote 3 pages!! I guess I have some pretty strong opinions about the issue!

Halloween is over now, and I go back to work in just a couple more days. I had a great break but it is over too soon! :)

Today I helped out in Michelle's preschool class. It was fun to be able to see what she does in preschool and be able to be a parent volunteer and be on the "other side" for once. What I thought was especially cute was that her friend Bryce came over to play this afternoon after school. Michelle said let's play school and told Brycie, "Sit criss cross apple sauce and I will read you a story." So she proceeded to "read" him a story... holding just like a teacher would as he sat on the floor. Then she told him to be the calendar helper and Ella to be the line leader. Ella kind of floated in and out of the playing. But Brycie was so obedient and Michelle was just like a miniature teacher... Janene says they play this at her house all the time and Michelle is ALWAYS the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment