Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Well, as I mentioned, all of my Easter photos were erased. So use your imagination to picture my darling daughters doing the following:

On Saturday:

An indoor Easter egg hunt. During said event, Gabrielle would shout, "Found one" in her adorable toddler voice every time she found one. And we had more candy than eggs, so some of the candy was just sprinkled around on the floor. Interestingly, the girls had collected all the eggs (which were hidden) and I had to tell them to pick up the candy that was not hidden.

Coloring Easter eggs: This was Gabrielle's first time. She only did two, and she dyed her hands more than the eggs, but she giggled and thought it was so fun.

Making a bunny shaped cake: The kids got to decorate it and did their best to make eyes, mouth, whiskers, etc. The eyes were a little lopsided, but it was darling. And yummy!!

On Sunday:
Opening their gifts from the Easter bunny. Our Easter bunny was pretty health-conscious this year and only brought them one chocolate bunny each. But they got bunny masks, so cute, especially on Gabby's chubby cheeks. (I may have to make them put these on again to get this picture.... too cute to miss.) They also got new toothbrushes and toothpaste, rolls of bubble gum tape, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk. Michelle and Ella headed out in between sessions of conference to draw on the sidewalk with their chalk. Michelle made this amazing picture of a bunny and also a picture of a walrus. They were great. I took photos to share, because they really were good. But of course, the photos are gone and thanks to the spring rain and snow, the drawings are too. But at least they had fun.

It was wonderful to remember our Savior and to be able to watch conference on Easter weekend. I didn't print out packets this time, but Michelle had me write down words to listen for and she did a great job making tally marks each time she heard the words. And we read about the signs of the Savior's death in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi. I guess maybe we hadn't read that before and the girls were really touched by what happened after his death. It really was a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your pics were erased! i know the feeling! I'm glad you were able to write about it so those memories are preserved. I'd love to see those masks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your camera too. That has happened to me before.

    Fun post. I think that I might ask for YOUR Easter bunny to visit our house next year. Our bunny needs to be a little more health conscious.

    ReplyDelete