Tuesday, April 6, 2010

January, February and March 2010 Reads

Altar of Eden (EXCELLENT!)
Attila by William Napier (historical fiction about Attila the Hun, interesting...but warning...ancient Rome was not a nice place...this book has some graphic part)
Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice #4)
Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice #7)
Fablehaven (read this to Michelle...we both liked it
Hourglass Door
Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy
Maisie Dobbs
Murder by the Book
Mysterious Benedict Society (GREAT!!)
Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey
Nation by Terry Pratchett
Ranger's Apprentice #5
Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice #6)
Silhouette
Someone Named Eva (excellent, sad but excellent. Historical fiction about WWII)
Strength to Endure by Tristi Pinkston (another WWII...Also great.)
Ten Cow Wives Club by Joni Hilton (cute, funny)
The Case of the Missing Servant (okay)
Woman Strangled, News at Ten (only so so)

3 comments:

  1. So have you read the Gernesy Literary Potatoe Peel Pie Society? Just curious. That is my current read.
    Some time, when I get more time, I plan to go back to your lists of books and select some that you reccommend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my hero! I don't know how you find the time to read so much! I read about a chapter a night as I'm falling into dreamland! I do love to read, I just have so many other things to do! I'm looking forward to this summer, when I can take the kids to the park and read, read, read! I'll keep your list in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read it, Brandi. Is it good? It seems like someone else mentioned that book to me.

    On my current list, there are some good ones, but I absolutely loved Altar of Eden. Very interesting.

    Shannon, I read in all of my spare seconds/minutes. I read more when I'm not working (like last week and this week) but I read a lot even when I am. I sometimes listen to books on CD while I drive (not as much now that Michelle is with me though) and I read whenever I have spare minutes. And my house doesn't look as great as yours! :) So you're my hero in that area. :)

    ReplyDelete