Monday, August 17, 2020

Jackie Meet Needs

 My dear friend Jackie has been wanting to donate to the food bank.  She has been concerned about those who are struggling in this current pandemic.  She has called the food bank a few times to see what specific needs they have and they haven’t been very helpful.  So she noticed a food pantry at a nearby church and wondered if she could help there.  She told me of her plan this morning and this evening she wrote this on Facebook:

"FAMILY AND FRIENDS:

Are you like me, and struggling with ways to help others during this time of physical distancing? It is truly hard to know exactly how to help your neighbors, or your community, when you have little direct contact because of the current pandemic.
I have touched base with a local Christian church that runs a food pantry each week. I wanted to know what specifically I can help with as far as donations, and you know what?? This kind man of God explained to me that he has contacts with local and federal government for food needs, so donations are not needed in that area, but they are desperate for the following:
TOILET PAPER
PAPER TOWELS
TISSUES
FEMININE PRODUCTS


Here's my plan:
I am setting up a donation box tomorrow in front of my home. Most of you know where I live, but PM me if you need the address.
I will collect things from now until Monday August 24th.
You may also donate through my Venmo, (PM for Venmo info) to be used for the above listed items.
Please, if you are able, consider donating to this great cause. So many in our community are struggling to find work and provide for their families. We are so blessed, and as we pay if forward, we will discover the amazing feeling of peace that comes from the blessings of service.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING IF YOU CAN!!!! I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL!"


Lesson: Take (immediate) action on your good ideas/intentions.

Meet the actual needs of those you serve (when possible) and not what you think the needs are.  She expected they maybe needed perishables or protein items but that wasn’t the need at all.


Invite others to participate in service you render when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment