Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Breathe in Peace

 Today was a yucky day.  Faculty meeting often makes me crazy.  And today was no different.  And then after faculty meeting, I saw a bit of the news and this country has gone crazy.  People stormed the capital to protest the election results.  I just felt deflated and tired and even fearful.  I prayed for peace.  I prayed to have greater faith.  I have been using a mindfulness app called Refill My Soul.  It is an LDS app and incorporates scripture and words from conference talks into the meditation.  It is very soothing and calming to me.  This evening I turned on a meditation based on Elder Holland's general conference talk.  It said to breathe in greater faith and breathe out fear and worry. It sounds too simple...and maybe even a little bit silly...but I felt my body relax and peace enter my heart and my worries slip farther away.  It wasn't a coincidence.  It was an answer to prayer.  Now it didn't make things at school better and it didn't eliminate the craziness of the world...but it made my heart better.  And it was an answer to prayer.  God is mindful of us and He is good!  I love Him.


LESSONS LEARNED:

Prayers are answered.

Mindfulness is good for us and can legitimately help when we are anxious or worried or sad.

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:26–27).

No comments:

Post a Comment