Saturday, March 6, 2010

Music Concert/Student of the Month

Yesterday the first grade performed at Jackson's monthly student of the month assembly. They sang songs about the weather and many of the students read parts of a script (in English and Spanish) about what they have learned about the weather. They sang, "Here Comes the Sun", "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head", "Let's Go Fly a Kite" and a song in Spanish "Sol, Solecito". Michelle has enjoyed learning these songs and has been singing them at home for several weeks now.


Along with her music concert, Michelle was chosen as the Student of the Month for her class. She was so excited and pleased. (Despite looking a little worried/sick while on the stage...I think she gets nervous?) The teacher announcing the Students of the Month for each class said that these are kids who do everything they are supposed to, plus a little more. Quite a tribute to my little girl. Every time I see her teacher (who I used to work with), she tells me how darling Michelle is. We're so happy that you love school, Michelle, and that you are working so hard and learning so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment