Wednesday, September 1, 2010

act it out

Until Michelle (and Ella) begin going to their afterschool program next week, Michelle is coming to my school for about an hour each day. She is here today, reading poems in my big book of poems that go with our reading materials. She is reading the poem for lesson 1, the lesson she is on in class. She asked me to look at her as she read it and acted it out. I watched and she had these cute actions to go with the poem "When You Can Read" by Bobbi Katz. I'm watching, thinking, "Wow, she has a clever teacher to put actions to the poem. I'll have to try that with some of them." So I asked, "So your teacher taught you those actions?" She said, "No. I"m pretending I'm the teacher and here is my class sitting at the carpet. I'm teaching them the poem with the actions." And her actions were darling... just perfect for the poem. Clever little girl... maybe she needs to help me write my lesson plans for second grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment