Friday, September 24, 2010

kindergarten agrees with her!

Seriously, Ella loves kindergarten!!! Loves it. And is doing quite well. I have to admit that I had some worries before she started. Ella is often shy and reluctant in new situations. She really tends to be a homebody. She often cried and complained before going to preschool (although she liked it once she was there). She often does not want to go to church. And even though her babysitter's son became one of her best friends, there were even mornings when she would beg not to go there. So I expected more of the same when it came to school. I expected her to like it but to have lots of mornings when she didn't want to go. I expected that the first few days I would have to walk her into class and then peel her off of me, and I expected tears. Who would have thought that even the first day she would give me a hug and kiss and then line up with the other kids?! She doesn't have homework yet (it starts in 2 more weeks) but she regularly asks me to give her homework so she can do homework while Michelle is. She loves both of her teachers and she never complains about going to school! I'm so glad.

And she is doing well. She was chosen as the student of the week on their first full week of school. She also received a principal's 200 ticket for good behavior in music class. The 200 tickets are given for good behavior outside of your classroom and are fun because they are numbered and the kids sign a chart (with 200 spots on it) and once 5 kids sign in a row those 5 get a special activity with the principal. Also, the school mails a postcard to the family. They aren't given out a ton, so it's a special honor. And Ella got one her second week of school.


The back of the postcard says,
"We are proud to announce that your child has received a principal's 200 ticket. Your child has shown Jackson Elementary how to be responsible, respectful, and safe. Way to be!! Sincerely, Ms. Edward"

2 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME! Congratulations Ella, way to start your school career!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Hooray for Ella!!!

    ReplyDelete