Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vegetables

I mostly like 'em. Alfredo mostly doesn't. Michelle and Ella eat the popular kids' vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, lettuce, broccoli, and a few others). But Gabby loves them! I mean loves them. She eats bell peppers (green, red or yellow) raw, without dip. She eats raw spinach. She says yum, yummy, yummy when you give her cooked broccoli and cauliflower. But yesterday just about stunned me. Aly gave us a zucchini. A huge one. But there was also a itty-bitty baby one that she gave us. And Gabby grabbed it and just sank her teeth into it. She took at least 5 or 6 bites of a raw zucchini, with nothing on it. I wouldn't even eat raw zucchini...and I think after about 5 or 6 bites she decided it wasn't her favorite vegetable either. But still...can't believe it! That girl loves vegetables, especially fresh/raw veggies. (She also really loves to eat. A common refrain around our house lately...and at Aly's... is "I hungry." In fact lately she wakes up most mornings about 3:30 or 4 and tells me "I hungry." I give her a small snack, hold her for a couple of minutes and put her back to bed....Then as soon as she wakes up, she tells me, "I hungry." Sometimes when I drop her off at Aly's, her first words are "I hungry" even though she's eaten no more than 15 minutes before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment