Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Lights

Drove around last night to see Christmas lights. Went first to Taylorsville where the Night Before Christmas is displayed.



Then headed to Murray for Christmas Utah, supposed to be the biggest individual light display in Salt Lake. It was impressive to see faces on the trees talking to each other. My favorite part was when the garage had musicians playing on it. Also, Santa appeared to be standing at the window waving to everyone. Very, very cool house. Michelle was expecting something even bigger, I guess, and also didn't like the music choices playing while we were there, so she was a little disappointed. But I thought it was pretty cool. However, I would definitely get out and walk rather than sit in the tremendously long line of cars trying to get to it.




Then to SugarHouse to visit Christmas Street and to see the street with the retelling of the birth and life of Christ. That was my favorite, but they were all very cool.



When I was a little girl, my dad would always take us to see Christmas lights. My whole family usually went (my mom, sisters and I), but my dad would read the paper and find out where the best displays were. My sisters and I would count houses with lights, sometimes having a contest who spotted more...other times just trying to make sure that we saw at least 100 or 200 houses with lights. It seemed so magical. It still does. It's one of many things I love about Christmas time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment