Sunday, April 1, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Several families in our neighborhood are visited by leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day. Leprechauns can bring trouble as well as treats. I've always been quite content that the leprechauns have not found our home...after all, I don't like milk much when it is white, so why would I drink it when it is green? And I have plenty of work to do without having to clean up green footprints on my wall or any of the ohter mischief that they cause. But it has been a source of disappointment for my kids that the leprechauns haven't come.

This year Lucy the leprechaun did pay us a visit, but fortunately, she was nice. The night before St. Patrick's Day, I made green rice krispy treats for the leprechauns and my kids. The next morning, my children were delighted to find that the leprechauns had left them some treats...green nail polish, green chapstick, green suckers, green drinks and a cute card. Thank you, Lucy, for making my kids' day!



No comments:

Post a Comment